The Australasian Transport Research Forum Incorporated aims to bring together transport researchers, policy makers, advisors and practitioners from a range of disciplines to share and build upon the latest research and thinking by:
- Providing an impartial and effective forum for the exchange and dissemination of knowledge and information relating to all aspects of transport and its relationship with social, economic, environmental and other issues–principally through the annual ATRF Conference;
- Promoting collaboration on transport research, education and technology transfer at international, national, regional, state and local levels; across public and private sectors; and with transport providers, customers and other stakeholders;
- Fostering research programs and the identification of emerging transport challenges and the conduct of research and policy analysis to help meet those challenges;
- Fostering the development of policy analysis and objective data and research to inform decisions on investments, practices and policies;
- Enhancing the awareness of the importance of transport research and its contribution to innovation and progress in all aspects of transport;
- Providing a forum for the professional development of individuals currently working in transport and for the education of those who will work in the field in the future;
- Contributing to the public's understanding of all aspects of transport and its significance to society.
More broadly, ATRF Incorporated conducts its affairs in an open and transparent manner on behalf of its members without adopting the role of public advocate, lobbyist or activist.
The ATRF Incorporated is governed by an Executive Committee comprising representatives of academia, federal and state governments and private consultancies across Australia and New Zealand. Each committee member has extensive experience in transport-related research and policy development.
Current office holders are listed below.
- Neil Douglas—Douglas Economics— President
- Ben Ellis—KPMG—Vice President
- Brendan O'Keeffe—Brisbane City Council—Treasurer
- Sherri Fields—Transport for NSW—Secretary
- David Mitchell – Australian Government Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications – Public Officer
Executive Committee Ordinary Members:
- Elizabeth Ampt – Concepts of Change
- Tony Brennand – New Zealand Transport Agency
- Matthew Burke – Griffith University
- Bevan Clement – University of Auckland
- Graham Currie – Monash University
- Mark Davis – IPSOS
- Stephen Greaves – University of Sydney
- Nicholas Holyoak – Flinders University
- Mathew Hounsell – University of Technology Sydney – Student Representative
- Matthew Jones – Transport for NSW
- Robert Nairn
- Doina Olaru – University of Western Australia – Co-Chair Scientific Committee
- Lindsay Oxlad
- Louise Rawlings – Australian Government Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications
- Brett Smith – University of Western Australia – Co-Chair Scientific Committee
- Patrick Tsai – Transport for NSW
ATRF Incorporated Office holders are contactable through ATRF Incorporated contact form.